Thursday, August 5, 2010

Final Days in Ecuador

At the end of my Ecuador trip, I left school and enjoyed my days. This involved watching the World Cup with some of the other exchange students (mainly with Alexis from Switzerland and Flavia from Brazil). We picked teams and cheered them on.

Another thing we did was watch all six of the Star Wars movies. That was fun. It was with Katherine from the US, Alexis from Switzerland, and Tjarko from Germany. We started at about 11:30 a.m. and that lasted until 2:10 a.m. We did have two eating breaks and not everybody stayed awake through all of them (although I did stay awake until the sixth and fell asleep for only a half hour). I'm pretty sure Tjarko saw a total of 30 minutes of Star Wars because he was off on his computer then he slept through like four of them. And in case you were wondering, we watched them in the order of the series, not order that they came out.

I got to meet my host brother who was in Alaska while I was in his spot. He got to Ecuador two days before I left. He's a fun, nice guy. He got in Thursday night, we hung out Friday, and then Saturday I left.



On that Friday, we had a big lunch where we got the exchange students and Felix's friends over. We just talked then left to prepare the exchange student party. We exchange students had a goodbye party at an exchange student's house where we invited all of our friends from school and everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment