Sunday, January 17, 2010

Navidad de Intercambios



For Christmas, the exchange students had a couple par-tays. The first was a dinner hosted by our Rotary clubs. We feasted and got little gifts from the Rotarians (I got some cologne initially, but the German boy wanted that, so we traded, and I got a t-shirt).

The next party was organized by us, the exchange students. We each prepared things (I made lil' smokies with homemade bbq sauce - thank you Julie for the instructions). I was a little worried before the feast because that morning, Juan José took me to check out the banana plantation, and I hadn't the slightest idea of what I was going to make. I whipped up my dish, and we had the feast at the house of a foreign exchange student. It was quite delicious, might I add.

Something funny that a couple of the girls made for the exchange students was a t-shirt with a picture of the Machala exchange students. I haven't worn it yet, but I'm sure there will be a time that calls for it. After that we had a piñata! A couple of girl exchange students went first, and then I went up to bat with the broom handle - and I quite literally mean "bat" because someone pitched it to me, and thanks to all those years of Parks and Rec baseball in middle school, I nailed that piñata. Since the handle was of weak metal, I might have or might have not bent it. We'll just say I dominated that piñata. We then gathered up the candy like a bunch of seven-year-olds. What great Christmas fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment