Friday, April 9, 2010

Pollera

So a couple of weeks ago, my host-dad had my host-brother and me go to his little farm near town. I had no idea what we were going to do. When we got there, there were boxes filled with little chicks.



We took each one out, while counting them. There were 2,500 of them! We got them water and food, too.







We came back a couple days later, but this time to inoculate every single one of them. We had to put a drop of this vaccine in to one of their eyes. It took sooo long (all morning and then I came back with my host-dad after lunch) because we had to do all 2,500.



After my biological family left for Missouri, I went back and there were 2,500 more chicks! And we had to vaccinate those too. I don't want to hold any chicks for the rest of my life. Now that I'm back in school, I think I'm off chicken-duty for a while. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment